Professional background: 1977-2007
1977-1988: Collaborator of the Mayor and MP of Grenoble, then of political leaders of the Grenoble area; 1989-1995: deputy general manager of CORYS, spin-off from the French Energy commission (CEA) designing energy and transportation systems; 1995-1999, director of cabinet of the mayor of Grenoble, then CEO of the Regional agency for the diffusion of digital in SMEs; 2003-2012, CEO of Minatec entreprises, a cluster for collaborative R&T in the field of micro and nanotechs and biotechs.
Political and other commitments
- 1995-2012: deputy mayor of the City of Grenoble and 1st vice-president of the urban area, in charge of economic development, higher education and innovation
- 2007-2012: member of the French Parliament and of the Parliament Office for the evaluation of scientific and technological choices (OPECST),
- 2012-2015: Minister of higher education and research
- April 2015: French MPi, member of the Defence Commission and Parliament space group.
- Since 2017, Member of scientific boards of Marseilles Infectiology IHU (Institut Hospitalo-Universitaire), Clinatec in Grenoble, Paris Imagine Health IHU and of the University Grenoble Alpes Foundation. Chair of the advisory board of ESPI (European Space Policy Institute) set up by ESA in Vienna.